Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Fried Rice - My style.



I'd like to be honest here before I go ahead with the recepie. This one's from a lazy sunday afternoon where I had to spend the afternoon all by myself. Here is something interesting I came up for a quick lunch. Plunged into the deep fridge compartments only to come out with a few baby carrots and green chilli. Well the Kitchen store had the onions, garlic , soya sauce and vinegar. Well that was pretty much I needed for a simple meal.




Here you go for the instructions to get my style fried rice ready in quick 15 min(Only if you have the rice cooked and ready to use - else you'd easily add up an extra 15 min).

Ingredients:

1. Olive oil - 1 tbsp
2. Cooked rice - 1 bowl.
3. Carrot chopped into small cubes - That's what I prefer. You can have them cut into thin strands as well. - about 1 medium sized carrots should do.
4. Jeera - half a tsp.
5. Garlic - 2 cloves - diced up.
6. Chilli - 1 slit open.
7. Onions - 1 medium sized - chopped fine
8. Salt - to taste
9. Pepper powder - As per the hotness required.
10. Vinegar - 1/2 tsp
11. Soya sauce - 1/2 tsp

Secret Ingredient: I added a tsp of Schezwan sauce which not only helped add some taste but it also brought in the exquisite color I needed.

Method:

1. Crisp boil the carrot cubes with a pinch of salt. Once cooked drain the extra water.
2. Toss Jeera into the hot pan with olive oil.
3. Once you start smelling the jeera , drop in the garlic and chilli. Give it a bit of twists and then goes the onion into the pan.
4. Move the spatula until onion turn transparent. Add the carrot, soya sauce , vinegar. Turn them till everything is cooked.
5. Its the time to add cooked rice into the pan. Also the right time to add the Schezwan sauce. Give a nice toss until everything's mixed well.

6. Sprinkle the pepper - quantity as much your taste buds can handle.

Serve it hot with some fresh salad on the side. My version - I had only one tomato to go with it, yummmyyy! Accompanied by a glass of Real Guava juice. That was pretty much my sunday lunch.

Variations: You can add other veggies - crisp boiled or half sauteed of the like - Cabbage, capsicum which definitely adds the flavour and meets the fibre requirement of your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment