Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fruits in a Salad!

One evening when I saw the fruit basket at home filled with variety of fruits I could not
resist from making some fresh fruit salad. I open up the fridge to find some stuff that would
aid in enhancing the taste and the decorum. Here is the list of ingredients I found for my
salad mission.
Ingredients:
1. 3 table spoons of custard powder[I used plain vanilla flavour]
2. 250 ml of milk
3. Sugar - 50 grams/ Sugar substitute
4. Fruits of your choice[apple,mango, kiwi,
5. Nuts and raisins
6. Milk maid - 2 tsp
7. Fresh cream - 6 tsp
8. Fruit jam - 1 tsp

Method:
1. Mix custard powder in 3 table spoons of cold milk and a little water.
2. Boil Milk. Add the custard powder solution into milk.
3. Add sugar/substitute into the mixture.
4. Keep stirring for about 5 minutes on a medium flame until it thickens in consistency.
5. Pour this mixture into separate serving bowls [about 1/4 bowl level fill].
7. Keep this in the refrigerator to chill and settle for about half an hour.
6. Cut fruits and chop nuts.
7. Remove the serving bowls and arrange the fruits, raisins and nuts.
8. Pour a tsp of fresh cream into each bowl. Sprinkle Milk maid over the fruits.
9. A dot of jam for the purpose of decoration might as well add some sweetness into the bite.

Here is my version of the fruit salad.



Hope you'd make some better stuff. Please do try and let me know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. such a colorful salad!!...might try this!!!

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shooting star: Yes it was a wow delight on a warm sunday evening. Do try this and let me know how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete