Now let me tell you what you need to bake them are really simple ingredients from your pantry.
1. 3/4 Cup of All purpose flour[I used Maida ]
2. 3/4 Cup of vanilla custard powder [I used wheat flour]
3. 1/2 cup of Powdered sugar [You can adjust sweetness as per your taste. I loved the breads with just about 2 tsp of powdered sugar]
4. 1 tsp of baking powder
5. 1/4 tsp elachi powder
6. 2 Tbsp milk
7. Saffron/Kesar - few strands
8.4 Tbsp curds
9. 4 Tsp butter
10. Red Cherries for garnishing
Dip Saffron/Kesar in milk for about 5 minutes.
Sieve the all purpose flour + wheat flour and baking powder together into a dry bowl.
Beat butter, curds, powdered sugar and kesar milk until all come together in a separate bowl.
Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones to form a soft dough.
If needed you can add a few spoons of milk to get the right consistency.
Make small balls and flatten in the centre by placing half a cherry.
Dust the baking tray with a little of all purpose flour.
Place each of the balls on the tray, separated by a little distance to allow them bake evenly.
Bake for about 12-18 minutes @ 180 degree C.
Allow to cool on a wire rack. Serve them hot or cold. Either ways it tasted yum.
You can store them for 3 days in an airtight container. My batch lasted only a couple of hours.:)