An apple a day keeps the doctor away! Having grown up with this proverb doing rounds in schools and home, I've got an addiction to apple. A friend in US enlightened me with the benefits of a variety of fruits, so fruits in general have become an integral part of my diet ever since. I love crispy crunchy apple slices in my morning corflakes bowl. I kind of like the taste of it with milk and nuts. Wondering how the twist of traditional Kheer dashed with a few pieces of apple taste like? Its heavenly and amazing. I'm glad I took this daring step of making the kheer. The recipe is plain and simple. Ingredients: 1. Soaked rice - 1 cup [I used cooked rice as I had some leftover in the kitchen] Both work wonders. 2. Milk - 1/4 litre 3. Apple - 1 medium sized chopped [crunchy ones go well] 4. Fresh Cream - 75 ml 5. Kesar/Saffron - a few strands 6. Walnuts - chopped 7. Badam/Almonds chopped 8. Raisins 9. Sugar[I used Sugar substitute]. 10. A pinch of Salt Method: 1. Soak the saffron strands in a tblsp of milk. 2. Boil the milk and add the apple pieces. 3. Add the cooked rice.[If you are going with the soaked rice then add to the milk in the start of the procedure]. Cook together for about 5 minutes. 4. Add the chopped nuts and raisins and a pinch of salt. 5. Add the saffron and Sugar/Sugarfree as much as your sweetbuds can tolerate. 6. Add fresh cream and continue cooking for another 10 min until all ingredients come together. 7. Refrigerate or server hot. Either ways it tastes yummy. Note: If you find that the kheer is thick, add milk to adjust the consistency.
I will never go wrong with this burfi not only because its so easy but also for the fact that its yummy, delicious and a sweet with richness. Ingredients: 1. Unsalted Cashews - 400 grams 2. Sugar - 200 grams 3. Strawberry - About 6 or 7 4. Badam milk powder - 2 tbsp Optional : Pistachios, Walnuts. Method. Grind the cashew into fine powder and pour it into a bowl. Cut strawberries and add 2 tbsp of sugar. Make a puree of it and keep it aside.[Do not add water to make the puree] Mix the remaining sugar to the powdered cashew. On a double boiler system place this bowl with the cashew sugar mixture. Slowly the sugar melts and mixes with the cashew making a fine paste. When the mixtures leaves the sides of the bowl thats when you make three equal portions of the mixture. For the first part of the mixture add the strawberry puree. Keep stirring till this gels well with the cashew-sugar dough. To another part add badam powder and a little of kesar color to make it attr...

Comments
Post a Comment